Saturday, January 7, 2012

Help me God! I am in need.

My Little One, Victoria, is twelve years old and has Down syndrome. She is very functional and active, the most beautiful girl in the world.
One time, I received an email from the Down Syndrome Parents Association about how God was very angry with human kind, because all of them wanted to be the most beautiful, the most intelligent, and was fighting between one another because of it and no one who had The Lord in his heart. Jesus who was sitting at His side, asked him,
“What are you going to do about it? By your Word, you can destroy them; it is your promise,”
“No,” said God the Father, “I will create another human kind. All of them will have the same face, they will not be the most intelligent at all- but they will have my heart and they will show my love.”
“How will you call them?” Jesus asked.
“I will call them Down syndrome.”
“But to whom are you going to give them as sons and daughters?”
“I will give them to very special parents,” said God the Father, “The ones who love me more.”
“Why them?”
“They know how to smile at problems and still love me.”
Victoria was only 31 week along the pregnancy. The day that she was born, a nurse entered my room with a boom box and began to play a song.
I thought, “This lady is confused.”  But when she pushed play, I began to cry.
She shared with me that she had a daughter with Down syndrome, the miracle blessing that she was, and how her daughter pushed her and her older brother to go to church even when she was tired after working the whole night before service.
She told me that she had no other choice than to dress herself and take her to the Church because her daughter was all ready.
I never will be thankful enough for that visit in the Hospital. Here is the song by Bruce Carroll " Sometimes Miracles Hide" 



Many times I see Victoria and I see the heart of God. Down syndrome children are very functional, they can walk, speak, be potty trained, swing, run horses and all that the most typical children can do, but it will takes more time to achieve their goals. They are the most loving people, they have God's love. 

"Perseverance is not a long race. It is many short races one after another." - W. Elliot

When Victoria was born, I was concerned about if she will be able to know the lord as a Savior and Lord like the daughter of my nurse friend. Many times I prayed the same prayer request. That the Lord will open Victoria’s heart.

 One Sunday at the end of the service, Pastor was calling to pray. That particular service he was calling to pray for salvation. As a member of the prayer ministry, as was at the altar and many people came to the altar to receive the Gift of Eternal life.
One of the teens that were there for prayer approached me and to my surprise she had Down syndrome.
She asked me if I can pray with her.

So, I ask her if she want to receive Jesus in her heart. She answered:

“Me?  No, I received Him when I was little. This is for my father that I came today, he is not saved and I want to ask Jesus to touch his heart. So everybody in my family is going to heaven, my sisters, my brother my mom are saved. The only one that is not saved yet is him.”

We prayed for his father, and then I cried and thanked Jesus.  I thank the Lord for the revelation and for letting me be a witness of how much is in the heart of special person.

 I know it today because Victoria asks me everyday, “Are we going to Church?” She loves to pray and praise the Lord. She loves the Children Ministry and her pastor.

Our special children do not have the typical body. They do not have the typical mind. But their spirit is perfect in the presence of the Lord, and they Know Him by Name, and the HE smiles to them.
The Lord blessed us with five children, four are ‘normal’. I really don’t like the term ‘normal’. Let’s put it like this, they don’t have physical or mental impediments but all of them have special needs.
 In Victoria you can see it, but everyone have a special need, you and I are no exceptions.

When you are praying today, remember them, confess them, keep them in your heart. Put them in you desktop, in your mirror, in your refrigerator. 
When we pray, we don't need to remember to God His Word. His Word  becoming alive, it no longer Logos, now it Rhema for us.

Peter 5:7
Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 

Matthew 6:33
Seek the Kingdom of God, above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

Psalm 37:4 
4 Take delight in the LORD,
   and he will give you the desires of your heart

Jeremiah 30:17
“For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,” says the Lord. 

Philippians 4:19
“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” 

Matthew 11:28
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 6:34
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything; you may have abundance for every good deed;

  
In the same way that I take care of my special child because she is in need, our Heavenly Father knows and takes care of your needs.

Talk with Him, let Him know what your necessities are today and how much you need His help. 

Can you see that every special need must be handled with prayer?


Do you need prayer? Please let me know how we can pray for you.
365prayingforyou@gmail.com or  "Maria Pereyra" <365prayer@famemphis.net>


Maria P



No comments:

Post a Comment