Thursday, December 8, 2011

He is Our Refuge in Time of Difficulty




Driving back home from my job, the sun was bright behind me and black clouds were in front of me. You could see that the storm was very close. But the real storm was inside of me. A few minutes before my manager had just told us that the company would move to Nashville TN. The office here in Memphis would be closed in a couple of months. This would be the third time I would run out of work in less than one year. No job again. Unexpectedly to my right hand appeared a rainbow. I thought to myself, “Thank You, Lord, for your promises."


Jesus said in John 16:33 (AMP)
33I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]
What powerful words of encouragement, support we have in Jesus our savior and Lord. He conquered the world for me and for you.
He said in Psalm 46:1 that He is ma·ă·nāq (machseh ) our hope, our place of refuge, our shelter and our trust.
I know maybe my situation is nothing compared with yours, but He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Trust Him.
Run onto Him and he will “lock” you in His hands, put you under his winds and deliver you for any situation. 
We are not alone, FEAR NOT. 
When you are praying today, do this exercise to improve your spiritual muscles. Praise our God that is our Refuge that has built a wall of protection with His own Blood.
Oops... I did not mention when I turned on the radio, His presence filled the car and He wiped my tears.

  God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me (Don Moen)

(Keep your Christian music in your car, its better than cash.)

If you need prayer today we will fast and pray for you 365 non stop.

365prayingforyou@gmail.com  or to 365 prayer@famemephis.net


Maria P


No comments:

Post a Comment